Welcome to Episode 7, Season Two of the Twin Perspectives Podcast Series!
In this week’s episode we talk about whether it’s still possible to become a successful travel blogger in 2019. Answering the questions posed to us over on our Instagram account, we reflect on what it takes to launch a popular blog/social media account in an already oversaturated world.
Over the hour long episode, we cover the following questions:
- How do you get started as a travel blogger?
- How much do you have to travel in order to be a successful travel blogger?
- How do I produce content in between my trips if I can only afford a few a year?
- Any tips in affording trips when you have bigger expenses?
- Were you ever scared when you started blogging about what your real life friends would think?
- How do you find your tribe online?
- How do you balance being authentic but creating content that works on Instagram?
- If you were offered a free trip would you take it? Or will you only take it if you receive payment?
- How do you grow your Instagram following and keep it from going stagnant/dropping?
- What are the most effective methods in getting more traffic to your blog and monetising it?
- How can a travel blogger combine a love for travel with a care for the environment?
- How do you know what to charge for your work? Any tips for negotiation or asking for a fee?
- What do you wish you knew before starting blogging and what would you do differently now?
- How do you get paid to travel?
- Is there still space for new travel bloggers when there are already so many established bloggers?
Our final musings? It is more than possible to build a successful blog or social media account in 2019 but it requires a personalised approach. With millions of blogs or Instagram accounts offering pretty pictures or “top tips” on visiting Barcelona, it’s showing your personality and vulnerability that will essentially help you find your tribe.
Listen on iTunes
- Make Traffic Happen (how to improve traffic to your blog)
- TTT Podcast: Our Journey to Full-Time Blogging
- TTT Podcast: Blogging Business Models
- Imposter Syndrome (TTT blog post)
- Sustainable travel – Trees for Life
- Budget travel – Heels in My Backpack
- Cosmopolitan Interview: How these sisters overcame anxiety to travel the world